Srinagar, May 21 (KNO): The search operation to trace the youth who had allegedly jumped into river Jhelum from Budshah Bridge in Lal Chowk here continued for the second consecutive day on Thursday, officials said.
They said SDRF deep divers were also pressed into the search operation, but no trace of the person was found.
Officials told the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) that teams from State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) and River Police resumed the rescue operation early Thursday morning after it was suspended late Wednesday evening due to darkness and poor visibility.
Throughout the day, rescue teams carried out extensive searches in different stretches of the river, while SDRF deep divers were also pressed into service to intensify the operation.
Speaking to KNO, Mohammad Ashraf, ASI SDRF Jhelum Srinagar, said that despite continuous efforts by the rescue teams and deep divers, no trace of the missing youth had been found till late evening.
“Deep divers were also engaged in the search operation today, but no trace of the youth could be found,” he said.
Officials said the operation was later suspended for the night due to darkness and will be resumed again with first light on Friday.
The identity of the missing youth is yet to be confirmed—(KNO)